What does the role involve?
As a Student Education Service Admin assistant, you are responsible for:
PGR Record checking:
- PGR Milestone checking – run checks that PGRs have completed tasks required of them such as a training plan, first formal progress review and annual progress review. Where milestones have been missed – send prompts to remind the PGR and ask them to bring their records up to date. Conducting follow-up checks escalating problem cases as appropriate.
- Monitoring PGR registration – where this is outstanding prompting the PGR to complete the process, run a follow-up check, and reporting problem cases as appropriate.
- Checking PGR online profiles are complete and providing guidance on how to complete this process.
General administration tasks:
- Checking and updating mailing lists – sharing these as directed with School/Faculty colleagues
- Updating PGR information on Minerva (PGR portal)
- Responding to general PGR inquiries
- Processing PGR visitor applications – downloading the application, collating the supporting documents, liaising with academic and admissions colleagues to ensure that a yes/no response is delivered in a timely manner.
- Taking into account admissions, PGR visitors could also be another job done at the institutional level. Matt estimates it takes him half a day per week for Environment. It is time consuming work which increasingly adds to his workload. Since the direction from the top is collaboration, this will only continue to increase.
You will need:
- An enthusiasm for delivering an exceptional student experience and putting
- the customer first;
- The ability to thrive in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence and competence in utilising IT with a desire to develop proficiency
What will you gain from this role?
- Admin experience within a large organisation
- Opportunity to view permanent vacancies training and development
Where, when and pay?
The role will be based remotely
Full time - 35 hours per week
Start date: end Jan/ early Feb
To apply, please send your relevant CV and a brief cover letter stating your interests for the role.