SNAPS is a local charity based in Leeds that supports children with additional needs and their families. We provide specialist activities to aid the children’s development and offer families the chance to take part in activities together and meet others in a similar position to themselves.
Hours of Work: 9am-2pm (5 hours) on every Saturday the project is open (normally term time only)
- To assist the Sites Manager in running the Saturday sessions, ensuring that they run to time and accessible to all
- To welcome new families to the Saturday sessions and ensure they are shown around the building/activities
- To support the creation of group and individual activities in the main hall
- To run activities in the main hall including Boccia, storytelling and arts and crafts and other games
- To support the physiotherapists and swimming instructor in the delivery of Rebound therapy (Penny Field and Broomfield), Hydrotherapy (Penny Field only) and Swimming (Penny Field only)
- To support children with additional needs to help them to reach their objectives
- To creatively work with children with additional needs and their siblings to encourage them to take part in the activities at site
- To record and monitor information in line with data protection
- To facilitate the introduction of families to each other
- Proactively encourage families to join in with activities
- To set up and assist the running of the session ensuring that children are supervised by staff and volunteers, and parents/carers.
- To encourage play and interaction between parents and children and to develop friendship groups between families.
- To behave professionally with colleagues and families
- To set up refreshments and make them available to families.
- To attend training courses relevant to role
- To support additional activities as and when required.
- To adhere to SNAPS operational and employment policies and procedures, with specific reference to the Safeguarding Children, and Health and Safety policies
- Any other duties as required by the Manager