Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Responsible to: Project Coordinator
Job Purpose: To support the Union’s marketing department in their project work and create engaging content for LUU’s website
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To support Leeds University Union’s campaigns and promotions as and when required and raise the profile of the Union’s activities and services
- To assist the marketing team with website content management
- To proofread copy in adherence with LUU’s Tone of Voice guidelines
- To distribute and refresh marketing/promotional materials across campus, halls, and the city when required
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the department’s web content
Working with Others
- To assist the Project Coordinator and Copywriter with project work, ad hoc tasks, and copywriting deliverables such as updating web pages, drafting copy for email communications, or researching information for campaign briefs
- To create and deliver web content to meet project deadlines as per the requirements of the marketing team and other LUU staff
- To respect the wishes of students and other staff when gathering content or using photos/videos
- To research into suppliers for Marketing projects as and when necessary
- To deal with customers and colleagues in a caring and professional manner at all times
- To comply with LUU’s internal procedures and all external legal requirements to include Health & Safety and licensing regulations.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably prescribed by the Project Coordinator, Copywriter & Marketing Manager, appropriate to the grade and responsibilities of this post.
- Helping to evaluate LUU marketing campaigns and effectiveness of website content and produce reports where relevant.
- To ensure that personal knowledge and skills are updated to ensure effectiveness in meeting work objectives.
Familiar with using WordPress or similar website/content management system an advantage
HOURS: Part time flexible up to 10 hours per week
Duration: Temporary role up to 6 weeks
Press apply and include a relevant CV and brief cover letter stating why you have applied for the role and detailing your experience.