*This is a full time role
Joblink is pleased to be recruiting an SES Assistant on behalf of Student Education Services...
Do you want to be part of a professional service, committed to supporting
students and colleagues and delivering an exceptional student experience? Are
you customer focused and flexible in your approach? Do you enjoy working
with a wide range of different people?
The Student Education Service is a passionate and ambitious University service that
supports 38,000-plus students and 9,200-plus staff, to deliver an exceptional student
experience. Our teams are committed to supporting every student to make the most
of their time at Leeds and go on to succeed in their chosen career.
What does the role entail?
As a Student Education Service Assistant your main duties will include:
- Assisting with Assessment processes, preparing and uploading in course assessments, supporting Examination preparation, assisting with assessment enquiries, helping prepare for assessment boards;
- Assisting with student extension and mitigating circumstances requests and activity such as monitoring assignment submission via Minerva checking submission boxes and logging of examination scripts, processing assessments to be sent to the external examiners;
- Assisting with the module evaluation and review processes;
- Supporting the Plagiarism processes;
- Assisting with programme support processes such as enrolment, module checks, checking inboxes and responding to enquiries
What will you bring to the role?
As a Student Education Service Assistant you will have:
- An enthusiasm for delivering an exceptional student experience and putting
the customer first;
- The ability to thrive in a team environment, understanding the benefit of
collaboration and partnership working with service colleagues, students and
- A problem solving approach and ability to contribute to team decisions and
make creative suggestions for continuous improvement and process change;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to adapt
your style to different audiences;
- The ability to be approachable and supportive to build trust with students and
colleagues whilst demonstrating professionalism in challenging situations;
- The ability to proactively plan and prioritise your own workload to meet team
- Excellent attention to detail, taking pride in the quality of your work and
demonstrating your ability to manage confidential information;
- An understanding of the benefit of analysing patterns and trends to make
informed decisions and measure success;
- Confidence and competence in utilising IT with a desire to develop proficiency
in new software products;
- Commitment to seeking development and learning opportunities and keeping
your own knowledge base up to date;
- The ability to respond flexibly and positively in a busy working environment to
meet tight deadlines; including moving between different areas of the Service
To apply, please press apply and send your CV and brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role.