GCRF African-SWIFT is an international research programme that aims to develop sustainable African weather forecasting capability to enhance the livelihood of African populations and improve the economies of their countries, led by the National Centre for Atmospheric Science (NCAS) based at the University of Leeds. The programme operations team is seeking temporary support for 3 months, on a full-time basis (35 hours per week), from a Finance and Administration Assistant.
Main duties will include:
- Working with the Programme Manager, the wider SWIFT management team and the Faculty of Environment's Faculty Research Office team to manage and monitor key financial information from the project portfolio, especially with regard to claims from overseas partners in Africa;
- Proactively coordinating submission of financial claims with UK and overseas partners (providing advice and assistance around University processes), communicating with the Faculty Research Office and other University services to track the progress of claims processing, and updating partners on the current status of those claims;
- Assisting with the ongoing monitoring and planning of partner budgets and expenditure, to ensure most efficient use of funds to achieve SWIFT programme aims: liaising directly with internal and external partners and colleagues to ensure the smooth running of regular budget payments to partners; reporting back regularly to the SWIFT Management Team;
- Undertaking financial administration, including raising purchase orders and expense claim processing;
- General administrative duties, such as:
- Arranging and supporting project meetings where required, collating and distributing agendas and meeting papers in a timely manner, recording, collating and disseminating notes
- Co-managing the project email account and responding to enquiries from partners and external stakeholders;
- Updating the project calendar to enable effective planning for events.
This is a 3-month position and it is expected that the successful candidate will carry out the relevant work within this role via both campus based and remote working. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible after the advert closing date.
To apply, please send a covering letter and brief CV to Dr Siân Evans, African-SWIFT Programme Manager, at email@example.com as soon as possible or by Tuesday 26th October at the latest. Please contact Siân with any questions.