Joblink is pleased to be recruiting an SES Assistant on behalf of Student Education Services...
Do you want to be part of a professional service, committed to supporting
students and colleagues and delivering an exceptional student experience? Are
you customer focused and flexible in your approach? Do you enjoy working
with a wide range of different people?
The Student Education Service is a passionate and ambitious University service that
supports 38,000-plus students and 9,200-plus staff, to deliver an exceptional student
experience. Our teams are committed to supporting every student to make the most
of their time at Leeds and go on to succeed in their chosen career.
What does the role entail?
As a Student Education Service Assistant your main duties will include:
- Working within and across teams to proactively support the delivery of teaching
and learning and an exceptional student experience;
- Guiding and supporting students and colleagues with information and advice;
- Adapting to different activities and processes required to deliver the student
experience; this could include, for example, explaining policies and
procedures, updating records, organising meetings and activities and collating
data from surveys;
- Responding efficiently and professionally to enquiries or requests for
information; using your initiative and guidance and procedures to resolve
problems effectively, knowing when to refer more complex queries;
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the Service, suggesting ways we
can continuously improve our Service, and keeping up to date with student
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a
definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of
What will you bring to the role?
As a Student Education Service Assistant you will have:
- An enthusiasm for delivering an exceptional student experience and putting
the customer first;
- The ability to thrive in a team environment, understanding the benefit of
collaboration and partnership working with service colleagues, students and
- A problem solving approach and ability to contribute to team decisions and
make creative suggestions for continuous improvement and process change;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to adapt
your style to different audiences;
- The ability to be approachable and supportive to build trust with students and
colleagues whilst demonstrating professionalism in challenging situations;
- The ability to proactively plan and prioritise your own workload to meet team
- Excellent attention to detail, taking pride in the quality of your work and
demonstrating your ability to manage confidential information;
- An understanding of the benefit of analysing patterns and trends to make
informed decisions and measure success;
- Confidence and competence in utilising IT with a desire to develop proficiency
in new software products;
- Commitment to seeking development and learning opportunities and keeping
your own knowledge base up to date;
- The ability to respond flexibly and positively in a busy working environment to
meet tight deadlines; including moving between different areas of the Service
Job share and flexible working arrangements will be considered.