Joblink are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of a Magpie
Magpie is a meaningful marketing agency with expertise in community engagement and behaviour change. We choose to work with brands that want to deliver social good and leave a lasting positive impact on the world
What does the role involve?
As a Campaign Coordinator you are responsible for delivering the Great Campaign for clients which truly creates impact.
- Support with implementing strategic behaviour change marketing campaigns, from initial scoping and insight through all stages of delivery to final evaluation.
- Support campaign managers to break down strategies into scopes of work, confidently managing communications between clients and the team while being able to respond to clients, providing intelligent timely responses.
- Support with creating accurate time plans and budgets and ensure delivery of campaigns is within a budget and timescales reporting any slippage with Campaign Managers.
- Contribute to all aspects of insight including survey design, workshops and co-creation sessions garnering insight for campaigns.
- Provide hands-on marketing communications - capture and create social content, managing emails/database, promoting events and activities, writing press releases, newsletters and campaign packs.
- Ensure that all campaign materials adhere to brand and identity guidelines across all campaign communication channels.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with a range of stakeholders to ensure maximum engagement and impact for every campaign.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of events from initial planning to final evaluation which will create impact for a range of audiences (ranging from small local community groups to large delegations of senior influencers).
You will need:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant area.
- At least 1 years’ experience of working in a marketing environment aligned with the clients Magpie works with
- Experienced in co-ordinating all aspects of budget control, administration and organisation and the communication of all aspects of campaign co-ordination in order to deliver in the most appropriate way, on-brand, on-brief on-time and on-budget.
- Capable managing a high volume of information about stakeholders, their organisations and activities.
- An excellent team member with a ‘can do’ approach who will embrace the challenge.
- Self-motivated and confident, you will work on your own initiative under management rather than supervision.
- Proven experience and the ability to work with a wider campaign team – including creative, digital, PR, community and freelance partners, in order to deliver impactful high-quality campaigns.
- A strong track record in meticulous project planning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary constraints.
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- Innovative thinker, with proven ability to problem solve.
- Driving licence and access to a car.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in an agency environment working directly with clients.
What will you gain from this role?
Opportunity to work for part of a global law firm.
Access to view internal vacancies across the organisation
Where, when and pay?
The role will be based in Leeds city centre
Full time or part time hours considered
Start date: by start of June 2021
End date: November 2021
To apply, please click apply and include your CV and a brief cover letter stating your interests for the role.