Joblink are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of the University of Leeds
University of Leeds
What does the role involve?
As a Fundraising Assistant - Alumni and Development, your main duties will include:
- Asking for leadership level gifts through some 1:1 telephone and video calls but largely working with colleagues to do so through high value direct mail fundraising appeals;
- Personally following up with selected alumni following our mass fundraising appeals in order to strengthen the relationship between these individuals and the University and to encourage them to make a gift between £1,000 and £10,000. This could be through telephone/video conversations emails or written correspondence as directed by the Leadership Giving Team and Fundraising Marketing and Communication Team and the Leadership Giving strategy;
- Thanking donors via mass communications, emails and some 1:1 telephone/video calls. You will work with colleagues across the Alumni and Development Team to maximise the use of our existing communications. This will include working with colleagues to coordinate the sending of thank you letters through procedures put in place with our mailing company. You will be responsible for proofreading the letters before they are sent;
- Using letters and emails to contact donors who have cancelled their direct debits, encouraging them to give again;
- Using email and phone to ask donors to fulfil gift instalments;
- Communicating with donors to resolve gift processing queries, for example contacting donors directly when their payment method has failed to ensure that these gifts are fulfilled;
- Supporting data selections for mass mailings by liaising with the Major Gifts Team to ensure their potential donors are included in appropriate mailings;
- Responding to queries into the Footsteps Fund and Crowdfunding email inboxes in a timely manner;
- Supporting colleagues to undertake data analysis to better understand trends and motivations for leadership giving donors and which fundraising method are most successful in acquiring and retaining these supporters;
- Maintaining the Raiser’s Edge database to record and monitor key correspondence, enquiries and activity with current and alumni and supporters as well as updating alumni records including communications preferences and contact details (training on database use will be provided);
- Supporting the Fundraising Marketing Communications Team, Major Gifts and Leadership Giving Team with any other processes, or administrative tasks, to benefit the fundraising programmes.
You will need:
- Fundraising experience (ideally either in telephone or face to face fundraising), or related experience in a high end sales or business development role or in the higher education sector;
- Experience using the Raiser’s Edge or a similar customer relationship management database;
- Experience of working with a range of data on different projects;
- Understanding of the higher education funding environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, with an ability to take a range of information and translate it into compelling messages;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability and confidence to negotiate with donors and potential donors;
- Resilience and adaptability, able to work with a range of stakeholders;
- A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise multiple activities, achieving targets to set deadlines and exercising a good degree of initiative;
- Strong IT and technical skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- A lateral thinker able to present a compelling fundraising case for support;
- Ability to manage a varied workload effectively and maintain good attention to detail including effective proofreading;
- A willing and proactive approach in using different communication methods to engage individuals;
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills and experience of contributing to a long-term project.
All courses considered.
What will you gain from this role?
This is an opportunity to support two key areas of innovative fundraising at the University of Leeds. We would like you to work with us to help maximise our philanthropic income for student scholarships and projects. Building on the success of our regular giving (gifts up to £1,000) and leadership giving (£1,000 - £25,000) programmes to date, you will support our mass fundraising appeals and develop direct relationships with alumni who have the capacity to make gifts to the University between £1,000 - £10,000. You will do so via a variety of methods including phone and video meetings as well as direct mail. You will work with us to develop creative and effective ways to engage, ask and thank these donors and your work will contribute to a long-term cross team strategy to improve the number of donors to Leeds, encouraging them to give again and give more.
Where, when and pay?
The role will be based in the University of Leeds within a covid secure office environment
Full time - 5 days a week.
Start date: ASAP
End date: January 2022
Pay: £20,092– £22,847 p.a. – pro rata
To apply, please press apply now and include your relevant CV and a brief cover letter stating your interests for the role