Personal Assistant for a young autistic boy in LS16 @ £9.43/hr
6 hours per week
LOCATION LS16, My own home and in the wider community
PURPOSE OF JOB
I require a Personal Assistant (PA) for my son Leon, who is 11 years old and has a diagnosis of Autism. A PA is needed to support Leon in the community to access activities and develop his independence, particularly with life skills such as shopping, cooking, and budgeting. The PA may need to occasionally support Leon to attend a parkour class on a weekend. They may also occasionally be required to collect Leon from school and spend time with him in our home. There will be times when Leon will need support going on public transport, going to the shops or going to the park. Leon has a good understanding of issues such as personal hygiene and road safety but requires encouragement and reminders in these areas. He also requires support in identifying and managing his emotions and social communication with peers.
Leon enjoys computer games, drawing, YouTube, parkour, scooters, films and music (especially rock/heavy metal). He is due to start high school in September.
If Leon spends his own money when you are supporting him shopping in the community, you must ensure the receipts are kept and given to me.
I will reimburse you for lunch and other additional expenses up to the value of £6. You must provide me with receipts in order for me to reimburse you.
My personal assistant will be required to do the following tasks and may be asked to carry out other tasks of a similar nature.
- Personal care prompts with general hygiene
- Support Leon to access an identified parkour class on a weekend.
- Support Leon to develop his independence by accompanying him on outings in the local community.
- Support Leon to develop skills in managing his emotions and communicating effectively in social relationships with peers.
- Support Leon to develop life skills such as shopping, cooking, and budgeting.
- Collect Leon from school and spend time with him in his own home on days to be agreed with us.