Are you a current University of Leeds undergraduate student, looking to gain valuable experience as a part time Residence Life Events Assistant? We are looking for current Leeds undergraduate students to join us as officers in an organisation recognised for its high quality of service provision, commitment to excellence and good practice.
What does the role involve?
As a part time Residence Life Events Asssitant, you will work 10 - 15 hours per week with other part time officers and full time members of Residence Life staff to assist us in delivering a staff-led programme of events in all of our halls. You will also help to organise and deliver community and welfare initiatives at the residences to enhance the student experience.
As a Residence Life Events assistant, your main duties will include:
- Providing thorough, accurate general support for the team, to gain hands on experience in a range of areas of administrative work;
- Being part of a team supporting the work of student Hall Exec committees alongside Residence team members and LUU events staff. You’ll provide student Hall Exec committees with advice and guidance in relation to their event proposals;
- Playing a part in planning a social programme and in gathering more accurate data about the performance and benefits of the program;
- Monitoring & developing the social media account of the Residence Life team. You will be required to answer messages received, to promote events/activities and post relevant and important content;
- Responding efficiently and professionally to enquiries or requests for information;
- Using your initiative to solve straightforward problems, following procedures and seeking further information as required;
- Building effective working relationships within Residential Services team and contributing to team decisions where appropriate;
- Working in close collaboration with all staff within the Residence Life team and also across Residential Services (e.g. Residence managers).
You will be/have:
- A University of Leeds undergraduate student
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to complete tasks to agreed deadlines;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving and making improvements;
- Strong IT skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office products, particularly Word and Excel;
- The ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Some interest in pursuing a career one or more of these areas in student services/customer service / event planning / community work.
You may also have:
- Experience of report writing;
- Experience of planning social events/activities or community building initiatives;
- An understanding of the importance of institutional aims and objectives and a commitment to working to achieve them;
- The ability to empathise with problems and concerns of others and provide advice and assistance in an appropriate and confidential manner.
What will you gain from this role?
- Develop key skills and experience for your CV, including team work, interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, organisation, high quality administration and project development;
- This role will provide an opportunity for you to assist us to deliver a Residence Life, staff-led programme of events at University of Leeds residence sites. You will also help to organise & deliver community & welfare initiatives at the residences to enhance the student experience;
- Benefits include gaining experience of working in a complex organisation, understanding professional decision making, understanding the quality management system Residential Services use to deliver excellent customer service and student experience.
- Developing personal skills including teamwork, communication, presentation, and organisation and planning skills.
- As one of three part time events assistants, you will work to assist our Residence Life Manager, a Residence Life Co-Ordinator and a full time Residence Life intern in the above.
Where, when and pay?
Part time: 10-15 hours per week
Start date: October 2021
End date: May 2022
Dress code: smart casual
The role is flexible and some evening and weekend work will be required to assist in the delivery of events and campaigns across all of our halls of residence.
To apply please press 'Apply now' and apply with your relevant CV and cover letter