This is a temporary role in the university for approx 6 weeks with the possibility of being extended further. Part time working will also be considered.
Outline of Role/Duties:
You will work with colleagues in the Digital Education team in the School of Education to provide general research support, with a particular emphasis on quantitative research, as well as more general research skills. We are looking for someone to analyse large data sets using a range of statistical techniques including descriptive statistics, multivariate analysis and regression analysis. You will also be expected to have some experience of educational research.
What does the role entail?
- Cleaning, merging and analysing quantitative data using SPSS, Excel and/or R software;
- Supporting the development of a literature review;
- Updating a website (training will be provided if required);
- General administrative duties to support the team.
As a Research Assistant you will have:
- A Degree/Masters in any relevant area of education, ideally with expertise in digital education, innovation in education technologies and/or Higher Education research;
- Knowledge of current academic research and policy issues relating to digital education, educational technologies and/or Higher Education;
- Experience of quantitative research. You will be required to demonstrate a high level of skill and experience in statistical methods using a standard package such as SPSS or Excel, or R;
- Evidence of an ability to handle, manage and analyse large amounts of empirical data;
- Experience of carrying out a literature review;
- The ability to write and present research findings and convey complex ideas clearly and effectively;
- An ability to work with colleagues across the University;
- A proven ability to work effectively, responsibly and independently, and to work under pressure;
- Excellent organisational ability, including the ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise tasks;
- The capacity to enthuse others, work successfully as a member of a team, and demonstrate an awareness of the benefits of collaborative working;
- Highly-developed competence in standard IT packages and research tools;
- A willingness and ability to travel and stay away from home to attend events in the UK.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to get back to
everybody. If you don't receive a response within 6 weeks assume you have been
unsuccessful for this role. As this is a temporary role, there is no set deadline, the role
will be filled when a suitable candidate is found.