Joblink are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of the University of Leeds IT Department.
What does the role involve?
Support the devices and infrastructure team in delivery of their key tasks and be one of the primary helpdesk contacts; working to resolve onsite issues within the LUU devices and infrastructure remit.
- Be the primary 1st line support contact, resolving small (less than 30minutes resolution) issues immediately and recording these issues within the helpdesk system, scheduling 2nd line support if applicable
- Assist in managing an IT helpdesk system, running periodic reports for data analysis and keeping the asset inventory up to date
- Setup a variety of technical equipment for LUU staff to use such as laptops and desktop PCs
- Maintain and resolve issues with a variety of technical equipment such as laptops, tablets, VoIP phones, and printers
- Occasional support for events/venues team outside core business hours
- Supporting other teams in LUU with their devices and infrastructure needs
- Carry out tasks on administrative software such as Google Workspace and Active Directory
- Support projects that contribute to Digital Services goals and KPI’s
- To provide individual IT inductions for new staff in LUU
- Support our systems by being a technical representative of LUU; liaise with 3rd parties when necessary
- To have some level of administration over the systems we use at LUU
- Support our network infrastructure and to liaise with the University when necessary
- To support the devices and infrastructure team in developing and implementing the team’s plan
- To plan workload and time effectively
- To balance maintenance, development and project work effectively
- To ensure compliance with LUU’s internal procedures and all external legal requirements, including those around data, privacy and security
- To comply with LUU’s internal procedures and all external legal requirements to include Health & Safety and data protection
- To treat every member of the team, organisation and audience with trust and respect
You will need:
- Good written communication skills including spelling, grammar etc
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Google products
- Good team skills - being able to liaise with people over requirements and ask for help where stuck, but also able to work independently
- Good communication with a wide range of technical and clinical stakeholders
- Reporting and analysis skills
- Familiarity with software tools
What will you gain from this role?
Opportunity to work as part of the IT Team.
Part time - 10pm to 4pm
Start date: September 20th
End date: October 20th
To apply, please send your relevant CV and a brief cover letter stating your interests for the role.