University of Leeds Procurement Team
What does the role involve?
We are looking for a professional and proactive individual who will provide high quality, customer-focussed administrative support for the Procurement team, you will be working in a small team responsible for facilitating the day to day smooth running of the Procurement function managing the administrative office processes, greeting visitors (when on campus) and maintaining and circulating procurement communications.
As a Purchasing Administrator you will be providing daily support to a busy Procurement function, working mainly with the operations team
- Processing and recording requests for University Purchasing training, including arranging and recording the training, creating new user accounts and responding to any subsequent communications.
- Ensuring visitors to the Purchasing Office are welcomed and directed appropriately.
- Making daily outbound phone calls to vendors (UK and overseas) to check bank details in order to ensure payments are processed correctly in line with University Policy.
- Assisting with the creation of new vendor records and amendments using SAP.
- Managing a central email inbox, ensuring all incoming communications are dealt with, or directed to the appropriate members of Staff.
- Maintenance and use of Purchasing SharePoint pages.
- General administrative tasks such as, distributing incoming post, filing, sending out communications.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Goods Receipting in SAP.
You will need:
- Be based in Leeds, UK
- Experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Evidence of high level of proficiency with IT.
- Evidence of effective time-management and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with external suppliers and staff at all levels.
- Evidence of self-motivation and resourcefulness whilst maintaining an ability to work as part of a team.
- Resolving invoice issues.
- Experience of dealing with confidential information.
- Experience of using SAP or other similar ERP systems.
- Experience of University or HE administrative procedures.
- Familiarity of working within a procurement/finance/Accounts Payable environment and with relevant understanding of terminology.
- Willingness and capability to work from home during the current pandemic as well as being office based.
- Occasional flexibility with working hours as required to support the needs of the department.
- Currently studying BSc or MSc in Business / Management or other related subjects (or equivalent industry experience)
What will you gain from this role?
Opportunity to work for part of University of Leeds
You will improve your communication and organisation skills
Where, when and pay?
It is expected that the successful candidate will carry out the relevant work within this role both campus based and remote working, while coronavirus restrictions remain in place.
The role will be based in both Campus and remote working, while coronavirus restrictions remain in place.
Part time hours to suit the individual
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please send your relevant CV and a brief cover letter stating your interests for the role.