Please note this role is full time with a view to continuing to March 2021
What does the role entail?
- Understanding and conveying the full range of opportunities for employers to engage with University of Leeds students and graduates and help clients make the best use of our facilities and services.
- Following up all prospective employer opportunities, dealing with correspondence to build lasting relationships. This will be via email and phone.
- Supporting the preparation and delivery of employer events and activities.
- Writing copy text for the weekly student emails advertising Career Centre events.
- Assisting in the promotion of events to employers and students using a range of media.
- Proactively chasing all relevant payments or invoicing for employers activities.
- Monitoring shared inboxes in order to respond efficiently and professionally to a wide range of queries from employers, students and university staff.
- Data entry and checking content for all employer activity on the MyCareer system, this will include approving and uploading employer vacancies.
- Assisting in the monitoring, review and evaluation of all employer engagement activities and supporting the implementation of changes to improve the offering.
- Assisting in the development of new ideas for the Spring Fair to improve student attendance and engagement.
These three roles may involve some moderate lifting of tables and chairs and will occasionally require presence at work outside normal hours to host employer and student presentations.
These duties provide a framework for the roles and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
What will you bring to the role ?
- A University of Leeds student intending to undertake this role as a placement year as part of their degree;
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills, with a flexible attitude and the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure whilst delivering high quality work; / An adaptable and, with good organisational skills and the ability to respond to changing priorities;
- Strong communication skills, with experience of delivering excellent customer service both on the phone and in person;
- Excellent written communication skills demonstrating accuracy, an ability to write clearly and concisely with excellent attention to detail and an ability to manage confidential information;
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders using; / A professional and approachable manner and an ability to offer a high level of customer service both online and face-to-face./ The ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences, including teachers; community leaders; students and young people;
- An ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment;
- Creative with an ability to solve problems using initiative and an adaptable approach;
- Computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- The ability to work proactively on a range of projects to meet deadlines;
- For the Volunteering intern role only: A passionate approach to volunteering, education and community engagement;
You may also have:
- Experience of producing reports and giving presentations based on conclusions and analysis of data;
- Experience of organising events and event management;