Digital Education Officer (Portuguese Course Support/Translator)
The Digital Education Service (DES) at the University of Leeds is looking for individuals with Proficient (CEFR C2 level) Brazilian Portuguese to support the launch and delivery of ten online courses from early 2020.
The Digital Education Service has worked with a strategic partner of the University of Leeds to deliver 10,000 Women online on the Coursera platform for 18 months and we are now about to launch the programme in Brazilian Portuguese. The role is ideal for a recent graduate or current Masters student in translation studies or related discipline looking to gain further experience of translation in a professional environment.
- Complete proficiency in Brazilian Portuguese to proven CEFR C2 level;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to modify your approach for different audiences;
- Experience of carrying out translation to a professional standard; or a degree in translation/language-related discipline;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including international audiences;
- Strong IT skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, with the ability to learn and use new systems;
- Well-developed organisational skills with the proven ability to work flexibly and plan and prioritise work and deliver against demanding deadlines without compromising accuracy;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment by collaborating, supporting and valuing the contribution of colleagues;
- A willingness to learn new techniques and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment;
- Knowledge of Brazilian Portuguese vocabulary associated with business studies/finance/marketing or similar disciplines;
- Experience of copywriting and editorial duties such as preparing email newsletters or online content;
- A good understanding of privacy issues and experience of handling personal data;
- Knowledge of email management systems, databases and CRM systems such as NewZapp or MailChimp.
- Knowledge and/or experience of online and digital education and/or online learning platforms such as Coursera or FutureLearn.
- Supporting the Engagement and Communications Team with the implementation of the 10,000 Women communications strategy, including translation of emails and drafting communications in Portuguese;
- Supporting the Content Team with the Quality Assurance of the translated courses;
- Supporting an international community of online learners and alumni;
- Monitoring course discussion forums and responding to learner queries.
- Maintaining a database of learner and alumni contacts to enable analysis which will produce insights into behaviour and targeted interventions to improve engagement and course completion;
- Generating communications (email and online) aimed at encouraging learners to engage in online courses;
- Following processes for sending and tracking email communications through an email management system (NewZapp);
- Responding efficiently and professionally to enquiries or requests for information from internal and external stakeholders;
- Supporting the Digital Analytics and Insight Manager with preparation of reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Gathering feedback and evidence of course impact from learners and alumni to inform reporting to senior stakeholders;
- Identifying opportunities to draw on alumni stories to encourage participation and engagement in online courses, working with Content and Production teams within the Service to produce high-quality marketing assets featuring alumni;
- These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. The role will require working some hours at least three days a week in the office.
Start Date: end of January 2020
End Date: Approximately March 2020
Hours: minimum of 20 hours per week, maximum of 35 hours per week (Mon-Fri, 9-5)
Application Closing Date: 24th January