Do you know how to go the extra mile for customers?
Are you customer focused and dedicated to providing an excellent service?
Do you have excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritise your own workload?
Working as part of the Conference and Events function which generates over £2.5
million of function income, you will be based in the University’s Conference and Events
Team. You will be responsible for the booking and organisation of conferences, events
and hospitality to internal and external customers at the University of Leeds.
What does the role entail?
As a Hospitality Assistant your main duties will include:
- Booking delivered catering functions and hospitality events, assisting with the coordination of bookings for University spaces, and providing support for the Conference and Events Office as required;
- Liaising with customers regarding room requirements and providing advice on appropriate catering locations;
- Liaising with chefs in order to create and advise the client;
- Working in collaboration with staff within Catering, Conferencing and Events and associated teams in order to ensure customer requirements are met;
- Supporting the Conference and Events Team with administrative duties in relation to events, including updating the University House events board, preparing event files, menus, place cards, conference materials, and attending meetings and events as required;
- Up-selling our products and services where applicable to encourage additional bookings and repeat business;
- Operating the University database in order to book all delivered catering and hospitality events, to run reports on activity; enter client details, take payments, arrange financial reconciliation, and to ensure provisional bookings are confirmed in a timely manner;
- Promoting and upholding Commercial and Campus Support Services and University values through personal example and working practices.
What will you bring to the role?
As a Hospitality Assistant you will have:
- Experience working in a similar role within a busy commercial environment, with a commitment to providing excellent customer service;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build rapport and effective relationships with all levels of staff and external customers;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using Microsoft Office (including Word and Outlook);
- An ability to work both independently on own initiative, and as part of a team;
- A willingness and ability to work flexibly;
- An ability to demonstrate behaviours in line with the values of Commercial and Campus Support Services and the University.
You may also have:
Experience of working in a hospitality/catering environment;
Knowledge of basic food hygiene and Food Safety legislation;
Experience of using databases.
Hours: Full Time, 9-5, Monday-Friday (may be occasionally required to provide support on evenings and weekends)
Salary: University Grade 3, £9.72 p/h
Start Date: ASAP
Application Closing Date: 30th November (or when a suitable candidate is found)