The Digital Education Service at the University of Leeds are looking for individuals with digital media skills to work closely with our Creative and Production Team to develop a range of educational media. Digital content will be developed in line with University’s production values, adopting appropriate branding and visual identity standards.
To find out more about the Digital Education Service and to see examples of our work, please visit our showreel page.
- A passion for the art of animation and design as well as an interest in the creation of educational material;
- A relevant professional qualification or substantial relevant experience in animation, design and/or motion graphics;
- Proven ability to produce high-quality, innovative animation and motion graphics materials (a showreel should be included with your application);
- Up-to-date knowledge of animation and motion graphics software and platforms, including an advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro);
- The ability to follow briefs and create artwork in line with predefined styles and themes;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Enthusiastic and committed to working both as part of a team and independently;
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and a proactive approach to working.
In addition the candidate may also have:
- Experience with 3D modelling and animation using Cinema 4D, Blender, Maya or equivalent software;
- Experience or familiarity working with VR, webVR and 360 video content.
Duties may include:
- Assisting in the design and production of animations and motion graphics;
- Supporting the production of reusable motion graphic and diagrammatic templates;
- Assisting in the production of marketing assets for social media;
- Creating sketches, storyboards, artwork or illustrations; backgrounds, sets, characters, objects and other aspects of animated environments;
- Assisting in the development of timing and pacing of animations to ensure they follow recorded sound, soundtrack and audio elements.
Submit a C.V. to email@example.com including information about your availability. Applications should include links to a digital portfolio or showreel where available.