At Ascender Publishing, we’re innovators in the world of digital publishing and social media advertising. By evaluating against key metrics, we create content that informs, entertains, and engages audiences. We’re an exciting start-up, and we’re looking for eager candidates to join our team and contribute to our growth.
You will be working across several of our sites, which focus on producing light-hearted online content. You will create content in the form of listicles, fact posts and quizzes. We’re looking for someone with a positive mental attitude, who can keep up our reputation by producing content to a high standard and who is creative, hardworking and passionate about writing.
You’ll work closely with our established Editor, so you’ll receive plenty of training in all aspects of the role!
- Proofreading and improving written content
- Ensuring content is in line with our style guide
- Suggesting improvements to the style guide
- Managing a team of writers and providing them with feedback
- Managing recruitment and growth within the writing team
- Contributing to idea generation for articles.
- An undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or similar
- A very strong awareness of and interest in internet culture
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent written skills, with the ability to produce engaging and grammatically correct copy
- Previous writing or editorial experience
- Enthusiasm for performance metrics and content idea generation
- Experience in Excel or Google Sheets
- 24 days paid holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working patterns
- Company pension contribution
- Employment: Permanent - Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
- Location: 3 days in our Leeds City Centre office, 2 days remote