We are seeking to recruit a Paralegal to assist our Securitisation team based in our Leeds office. We are looking for someone ideally with previous conveyancing experience, who has excellent attention to detail and be able to manage your own caseload. This is a demanding role that will require flexibility and the ability to successfully prioritise competing demands. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Tier 1 ranked team (Chambers UK and Legal 500) who are at the forefront of the affordable housing sector, acting on transactions ranging from £1m-£500m.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time it may be necessary to vary these to meet the department and business needs. Working individually and as a team you will assist the Partners and Solicitors with:
- Specific tasks allocated on his/her files to include: identifying Titles; obtaining Official Copy Entries and Office Copy Documents from the Land Registry; undertaking title checks and other property due diligence; carrying out searches; obtaining items from Local Authorities and other third parties; chasing for outstanding items; carrying out pre-completion Land Registry Searches and; dealing with post-completion matters;
- Providing the Clients, Partners and Solicitors with progress reports as and when required;
- Assisting with the organising, monitoring and delivery of the team’s significant transactions;
- Providing cover and support to the other paralegals within the team as and when required;
- Meeting targets that may be set from time to time;
- Following department procedures, the Solicitor’s accounts rules and the Firm’s policies and procedures as detailed in the Office Manual;
- Undertaking such duties and tasks that are appropriate for the role of Paralegal such as changes in information systems and new technology as may reasonably be required.
- Possess good drafting skills;
- Conduct effective legal research;
- Competent in all MS applications, to include Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Good communication skills at all levels with the ability to communicate in “plain English”;
- Must be client focussed and have an approachable manner with good communication skills/telephone manner;
- Possess a strong customer service ethic with the ability to empathise with clients;
- Have a methodical approach with excellent administration skills, organisation and attention to detail;
- Good time management skills, able to deal with more than one task at a time;
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and work to tight deadlines, sometimes with limited supervision;
- Be a supportive team player and willing to assist others;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, tenacious and approachable;
- Be calm and professional at all times;
- Be punctual and flexible. If you have capacity, you may be required to help other departments, or team members, though this tends to be very rare.
- 2:1 degree or equivalent in Law (or appropriate conversion);
- Successful completion of the LPC or studying the LPC part time;
- Studying CILEx;
- Knowledge of DMS (Document Management System).
If you would like further details or wish to apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter direct to email@example.com and also complete the diversity monitoring questionnaire which can be accessed by clicking here.
Devonshires Solicitors LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. As such all job applicants, employees, partners and third parties who come into contact with us, will receive equal treatment, regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, trade union activities, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from groups where we are currently under-represented. For this reason we ask that all candidates complete therecruitment monitoring survey in complete confidence for statistical purposes in order that we can effectively monitor how well our Diversity procedures are working. To review our policies on Diversity & Inclusion and Dignity at Work please visit our recruitment pages at www.devonshires.com.