11 Jun, 2019
£14.85 - £18.24 hourly
Marketing, Media & Journalism
University of Leeds Jobs
Hours to be arranged to suit but must be available to work up 35 hours or a minimum of 20 hours per week over 5 days during standard office hours (Mon-Fri 9-5).
Ideally, we would like someone with;
- Bachelor's degree and/or professional qualifications in Social Science, Business, Marketing or other related area;
- Experience in a customer or student facing role;
- Experience of scoping, planning and initiating engagement and communications projects;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills including the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including international audiences;
- Strong IT skills, proficient in use of Microsoft Office products, with the ability to learn and use new systems;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically and creatively;
- The ability to lead a team effectively, briefing staff appropriately and delegating work effectively;
You may also have:
- Experience of data analysis and quantitative research techniques including questionnaire design and survey analysis;
- Experience of qualitative research techniques, including discussion design and moderation/analysis of focus groups and in-depth interviews.
- Planning and initiating engagement and communications activity with an international community of learners and alumni from online courses. The community are largely from emerging economies so an understanding of channels to this audience is required.
- Manage a team to develop relationships with learners and alumni through email, telephone and synchronous online communications tools (e.g. Skype, WhatsApp).
- Setting up processes to ensure alumni feedback and evidence of course impact are systematically captured to inform reporting to senior stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining a database of learner and alumni to enable analysis which will produce insights into behaviour and targeted interventions to improve engagement and course completion;
- Developing a full range of communication channels and tools to communicate with a non-traditional learner audience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 31st July