11 Jun, 2019
Part time & Casual
Teaching, Tutoring, Education & Invigilation
University of Leeds Jobs
Hours to be arranged to suit but must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours and maximum of 35 hours per week over 5 days during standard office hours (Mon-Fri 9-5).
- An understanding of the importance of delivering an excellent student experience and experience of a customer service role;
- An understanding of the use of online tools and/or digital communication to support learners.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the proven ability to work flexibly and plan and prioritise work and deliver against demanding deadlines without compromising accuracy;
- Excellent IT skills; confident in the use of Microsoft Office products particularly using Excel to manipulate data and create graphs suitable for publication in reports, and with the ability to learn and use new systems.
- Strong judgement and initiative with the ability to effectively interpret and apply policies and procedures, understand and solve problems, make suggestions for improvements, and recognise when problems need escalating;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
You may also have:
- Experience of working with an online learning platform e.g. Blackboard, Futurelearn or Coursera
- Ability to support learners taking online courses in Spanish
- Acting as key contact for online courses, taking responsibility for monitoring activities, and contributing to managing enrolments, extracting data and producing reports.
- Assisting with the rollover and rebuild of online courses, following a course delivery plan and setting up courses according to the re-build checklist;
- Hosting online courses which will include monitoring and moderating discussion fora, responding to queries, encouraging interaction and posting targeted communications.
Please submit your C.V. as well as information about your availability. Shortlisted applicants should expect to be invited to an interview.