We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to provide both customer service and operational support, ensuring all the requirements of the international congress are met.
As a member of the team you would be allocated one of the various conferencing positions available, including event ambassador, registration pack collection desk assistant, session room assistant, smaller fairs assistant, excursions assistant, events assistant, and train station meet and greet assistant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (dependant on role)
Please note that the majority of roles require a significant amount of lifting and moving of equipment/furniture/exhibitor’s stock.
- Greeting delegates and assisting with any customer queries.
- Handing out delegate packs as delegates arrive on campus.
- Session room set-up. This includes moving furniture, ensuring water is supplied, setting up AV equipment, providing technical support to speakers, and ensuring smooth running of sessions.
- Main book fair and smaller fairs set-up and breakdown. Working with exhibitors to direct them to their stands, and assisting with the set up and breakdown of their stands.
- Providing practical assistance on excursions to historical sites. This will involve cash handling, taking attendance, ensuring participants are aware of meeting places and times.
- Providing assistance during ticketed events. This will involve cash handling, assisting with performer loading/unloading, supervising rehearsal, ticket collection and customer assistance during events.
- Greeting delegates at Leeds Railway Station and helping delegates reach their hotel/the University of Leeds. This will include directing to or booking taxis, directing to bus stops and providing walking instructions.
- Helping to set up tables, gazebos and other temporary structures.
Essential Characteristics for Applicants
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work to own initiative
- Proactive approach to responsibilities
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing work environments
Please note: Throughout the duration of the event you would be working a variety of shifts, including some long days and weekends. Also all applicants MUST also be able to attend a mandatory paid day of training on the 11th June between 10am - 4pm. You must also be available to work all days from the 28th June - July 5th. Please be aware that this is moving weekend. We cannot offer any flexibility around this so please consider before applying.