Outline of role
You will work within a team in the Digital Education Service to support the delivery of online courses on Coursera and other course platforms and virtual learning environments. We are looking for someone with excellent attention to detail, some experience in a learning technology role (broadly construed), and an aptitude for picking up new systems and software.
- Downloading, formatting, and uploading content to online learning platforms;
- Systematically testing course content and online learning activities to ensure compatibility with different operating systems, web browsers and devices;
- Responding efficiently and professionally to enquiries or requests for information from internal and external stakeholders;
- Using your initiative to investigate and solve problems, following procedures and seeking further information as required;
- Identifying and escalating content or technical issues/queries to the Senior Learning Technologist;
- Supporting the technical and administrative set-up of webinars and equivalent online events, following procedures and seeking further information as required;
- Systematically investigate and evaluate online tools and resources that can support the delivery of online courses.
- Good IT skills, with a high-level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software;
- Experience of working with Content Management Systems and/or equivalent web-based applications;
- A systematic approach to investigating and documenting problems, and using initiative and collaborating with others to resolve issues;
- Experience of investigating, evaluating, and reporting on technologies and systems to understand their fitness for purpose;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to resolve straightforward problems, following guidelines and procedures;
- Experience of using tools for online and communication and collaboration tools (e.g. Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts);
- Self-managing and able to work under pressure, prioritise, schedule and balance workloads to meet deadlines
- Providing guidance and support on the appropriate use of technology to team members involved in the development and delivery of online courses;
- Experience of administrating Virtual Learning Environments (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, etc.);
- Experience with email management systems (e.g. MailChimp, Newzapp);
Suitable candidates to submit a C.V. to Joblink including information about availability. Shortlisted applicants should expect to be invited to an interview.
Hours to be arranged to suit but must be available to work a minimum of 20hours and maximum of 35 hours per week over 5 days during standard office hours (Mon-Fri 9-5).
Start date is ASAP, applications will close once a suitable candidate has been found./
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to get back to
everybody. If you don't receive a response within 6 weeks assume you have been
unsuccessful for this role. As this is a temporary role, there is no set deadline, the role
will be filled when a suitable candidate is found.